Friday, March 4, 2011

February 2011

February is a great month in our household.  So many great things to celebrate in February.

The month started off with a great gathering of some of my best girls.  It's not often, that we all get together at the same time...so when we do, well, it's just great.  (great must be the word of the day. ha!)  Sitting around reminiscing of the past and catching up on the current events in each others lives, I always have such a good time when I am surrounded by them. 

Mid February is where it's at though!  We've got Jason's birthday, Valentine's Day, our first meeting anniversary, and the anniversary of our engagement.

Jason's birthday is the day before Valentine's Day... he is a love baby. :)  It's hard to do much though with all of the Valentine's Day crowd out and about.  So this year we stayed home.  I made dinner and Alyssa helped with dessert.  Blondies with butterscotch chips and vanilla ice cream.  Delish!
My mom came over for dinner and we exchanged Valentine's with her since Valentine's Day was the next day anyway.  My mom had decided to get the kids clothes this year since Landon obviously isn't old enough for chocolate and none of us really need it anyway.  Landon didn't care too much about the clothes but oh boy, he sure did love him some tissue paper!

  And who could forget the hangers?

Alyssa is very much a girly girl and developing a love of clothes and shoes and accessories.  She wore her new sweater to school right away.

I gave my mom her Valentine after dinner.  Tickets to Elton John!!!  Yay!!  That is right... I said tickets... guess who has the other one?  Me, of course!!  I'm so excited!  Mom is too!!  We are going to have such a great time, I can hardly wait!  I was debating getting a ticket for Alyssa as well, and make it a true girls night out.  I mean it IS Elton John after all!  But as I played some of his music for her, she just sat there with a blank look on her face and said she would rather see someone that she actually knew.  So it's just me and my mom and that is okay.  It's been a long time since we have done something, just the two of us.
We, of course, had to serve Jason his dessert with a candle.  Alyssa sang him Happy Birthday.  And then we surprised him with a gift of his own.  A new pair of jeans that he so desperately needed and the new Toby Keith CD.  I think if Jason could be anyone other than Jason, he'd love to be Toby Keith.  I don't get it... but that is fine.  Sort of like the fact that he doesn't get my love for Kieth Urban.  Both Keiths!!  What do you know? :)  Mine is still the better Keith though. ;)

This year for Valentine's Day, we decided to make our Valentines for each other.  I love making cards!  I cannot scrapbook to save my life, but cards... that is a whole different story.  Jason even made his card to me.  I think it challenged him a bit.  But I think he was also proud of himself and the masterpiece that he came up with and he should be.  It was great. :) 
Alyssa made hers to both Jason and myself from her and Landon.  So cute!  She did a great job too.

And here are the ones I made for them...


We also made some for school and Girl Scouts

Needless to say... we were really busy being crafty in this house.  It was fun... something that I really haven't taken the time to do since I've had Landon.  I think making each other Valentines is something we will do every year.  I'd much rather get one of those than something anyone can buy in a store.

February was also the beginning of Girl Scout cookie selling season.  Alyssa has a goal this year to sell 700 boxes!  My more reasonable goal for her is 500, but I am fairly certain that she will surpass that.  Just after pre-sales, she is at 430!  A big thank you to all of our friends and family for their support!  And especially to her grandmas... we couldn't have gotten this far without you! 

The rest of the month was filled with regionals high school wrestling, the boat show, dinner at the Steam Plant Grill with friends, our niece's birthday, and Jason registering for school!  Yep!  Jason will be going back to school this fall.  As long as there is no waiting list for the program he has chosen which is HVAC.  I couldn't be more proud of him!  He still has to go in and take the placement test and apply for financial aid, but we are keeping our fingers crossed and sending up lots of prayers that the path will be cleared for him to start this new journey in life.  So anyone else who would like to also keep him in your prayers... well, that would just be awesome.

So that was our February.  Fun as always.  I cannot believe March is here already!  Spring is right around the corner.  Whoot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment