Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Excitement, hope, sponsorship....

I've been wanting to make a difference, a real difference.  I want to make life a little easier for people out there who are hurting, and hungry, and thirsty.  For those who are sick and do not have access to or cannot afford medical treatment.  For those who long for an education.  And while I do not have the time, education or resources to make a difference on the level that is my hearts ultimate desire, I can start small and make a difference in the life of one child.  I've been searching for ways to help on a level more realistic to me and my current situation, and what I have come up with really excites me!!  Actually, Jason and I are both really excited.  As I was telling Alyssa about our plans, she cried.  I'm not sure she was quite aware of the desperate need that so many experience in our world today.  She has such a tender heart.  But as we finalized our plans, she grew as excited as we are.  She even plans on writing about it for the "Good News Box" at school tomorrow. :)
We have decided to sponsor a child through World Vision!  A six year old little girl from Ethiopia, named Meskerm.  She even has the same birthday as Alyssa!  I'm so excited to learn more about her, her family, her life.  We all are.  And I cannot wait to see the positive changes that happen in her life from our sponsorship.  I look forward to becoming great long distance friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment