Monday, November 14, 2011

It's a good day...

I woke up this morning to sunshine!  Beautiful, bright sunshine that has lit up my house all day long, I love it!  If you've been in my house, you probably know we don't get a whole lot of natural light in here.  We have no windows facing west and with the add on in the back, well it just keeps a lot of light from entering in to our main living area.  But today the whole house has just been filled with light and it makes me smile.

I love weekends.  Yes, I stay home everyday.  I am beyond thankful for the opportunity to do that.  But at the same time, it gets really lonely around here.  So I'm always excited when Friday gets here cause I know I will get to have Jason home with me (and Alyssa too) for two whole days.  Today I found out though that Jason will actually get a 5 day weekend for turkey day!!  Yay!!  I mean, I was super excited for 4 days, but 5!!!  I don't know, I'm just really looking forward to that. 

This weekend I did some grocery shopping for my new diet.  No potatoes, or derivatives from potatoes, which can I just say is SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS!  And no fruit/sugar combos.  Ugh.  I have been so frustrated.  It's quite the adjustment to make, I will eventually get around to posting another blog about it.  But today, I took my new potato free ingredients and made myself a truly glorious sandwich and savored every single last bite of it!  I didn't even miss my beloved pickles, which I can no longer have due to the crazy fact that even salt, yes salt, has stinkin' potato in it!  It tasted like heaven.

My son is currently napping... he's been napping now for two hours.  After his napless day yesterday and the crankiness that came along with not napping, I have truly enjoyed these peaceful two hours.  Yep, today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment